I’m about halfway through my reread of the Harry Potter series (for the 4th or 5th time), and like always, I feel myself rediscovering the magic of this world and the talent of JK Rowling. Each time I revisit Hogwarts and the Wizarding World, the same feels and thoughts run through my head, so I’ve decided to compiled a list of these general facts. Enjoy the first installment of truths I’ve realized while rereading books 1-4.
- “Oh snap, I hope the people around me don’t think I’m reading this book for the first time.”
- We laugh, we cry. But mostly, we laugh out loud. That is, until Cedric dies, and then the ratio dramatically reverses for the remainder of the series.
- Snape is actually a huge asshole. I love his devotion to Lily and triple agent status as much as the next fan, but in the first half of this series, he is RUDE.
- Oh hey, vanishing cabinet. I see you!
- Harry and Expelliarmus go WAY back.
- (This isn’t anything new but…) Every day I continue to die a little inside knowing that my Hogwarts letter hasn’t come yet.
What are some of the thoughts you always have while rereading HP? Happy Reading!