So I’ve fallen into another little blogging slump lately because I’m a bridesmaid in THREE weddings this summer! That means pretty much all of my weekends are booked for the next couple months, which is when I normally get most of my posts written. So bear with me as I try to get into a new routine.
In the meantime, check out my Jungle Book nail art tutorial that I did at work for Disney Style! I’m pretty much obsessed with the tropical palm leaf trend, so I never wanted to take this manicure off!
I’m not sure how many of you know, but I started my absolute dream job doing social media for Disney Style, Disney’s official lifestyle blog. I get to spend my days on Facebook and Instagram, writing about Winnie the Pooh accessories and nail polish inspired by the Princesses. So of course, Disney nail art comes with the territory.
This week, I had the opportunity to help out with a brand new nail art tutorial inspired by one of the biggest movies in theaters right now – Zootopia! Check out the tutorial I filmed for Disney Style, and make sure you follow along/subscribe for even more super fun Disney lifestyle and fashion goodies!
I hope you enjoyed this Zootopia nail art tutorial! Happy Reading!
Who doesn’t love Disneyland?? It’s the Happiest Place on Earth! Last week, I celebrated my two aunts’ birthdays with a two day trip to the Disneyland Resort, and it was completely magical! Of course, it wasn’t just a trip to Disneyland, but an opportunity for Novels and Nail Polish to look at the parks as a bookworm!
That’s where vlogging came in. It was my first attempt at this sort of thing, and it was stressful and fun all at once! I even shot some footage for another video that I think you guys will love… coming soon!
When I finish up editing the YouTube video, I’ll link to it here – it’s here! Until then, enjoy some sneak peeks at how this bookworm does Disneyland.
Her classic polka dot look has been continually reimagined by the fashion industry through the decades and continues to drive trends today. – Soo Koo, Disney Consumer Products VP Product Development
Minnie Mouse is totally classic. From her bloomers and polka dot dress to her sweet pillbox hat, she has looked fabulous for the past eighty years! In honor of National Polka Dot Day, an event will be held in Downtown LA, featuring products and fashion inspired by this adorable mouse.
I decided to get in on the fun, and show off how I #RocktheDots!
I grabbed a couple classic Minnie Mouse colors to get started – white, black, red and pink. In true Novels and Nail Polish fashion, I designed a fun multi-mani with stripes, polka dots and scalloped accents. My trusty dotting tool was perfect for the polka dots, and I created the scallops by paining thick, vertical lines at varying heights and rounding off the top with a detail brush.
Quick tip – when painting a dotticure with multiple colors, test out the order on a piece of paper so you know what color pattern you want for the final product!
How will you Rock the Dots? If you do a Minnie Mouse mani, share the link below so I can check it out! Happy Reading!
Let’s be real here, because who am I kidding. The title should really say always crushing. Forever crushing. White and gold are like PB & J, Mac & Cheese, Sonny & Cher. They’re all better together. The classic combination is a huge trend right now, and I don’t think it’s leaving anytime soon!
It’s almost impossible for me to see something white & gold and walk past without falling in love. Because of that, my collection has grown significantly, and I’ve picked out a few of my favorite things!
- Be Our Guest Coaster Set – I picked up this porcelain coaster set at Walt Disney World a couple years back, and it’s been a fairy tale sort of love ever since. They each feature a different image that gives a simple and classy nod to my love of Disney.
- Kate Spade Bow Push Pins – Bows + gold + desk accessories = the reason Kate Spade owns my heart. These bow push pins are sturdy and perfect for every girl that wants the prettiest cork board around!
- Chevron Wrapping Paper – This gem was found at the holy land… Target. Like most other things in that store, it made its way into my basket and into my heart.
- Marc Jacobs Daisy Rollerball – I’ve mentioned it before, Marc Jacobs is the king of perfect perfumes and gorgeous bottles. Daisy is a classic, and this portable rollerball is just right for afternoon touch-ups.
- Gold Paper Feather – Three words: Target Dollar Spot. They put it right up front and grab you before your basket is full of other unnecessary things that seem oh so important. I just had to bring these home for my inspiration board!
- Pretty Pen – It only seems right to proclaim at this point: long live the Target Dollar Spot. Their pens duos are always gorgeous, and whenever there’s a new style, they end up in my basket.
- Bud Vase – I’ll give you a cookie and all of my love if you can guess where this guy is from. Yup! Target.
- Julep Vivien – If you’re looking for a chunky glitter polish with personality, Vivien is for you. This full-coverage glitter is gorgeous and one of my favorites.
I had some fun with a couple different striping patterns for this manicure. When using striping tape with a polish that has macro-glitter, make sure to check the big chunks are off of the tape before you remove it. That way your lines stay crisp and clean!
So what did we learn today about white and gold? Target is without a doubt your go-to place to find everything! Happy Reading!
My lovely cousin Mallery turned me onto the Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout this past week, and I’ve been reading them NONSTOP! I conveniently downloaded the first one, Obsidian, for free a couple weeks ago, but I finally started it. Even though there is a very close scene by scene parallel to the Twilight series, the main character, Kat, has WAY more personality than Bella! In the past 7 days, I’ve read the first three and am a quarter of the way through the fourth book, Origins. Unfortunately (or fortunately… however you look at it!), I have them only as e-books. While it makes my purse much lighter, it is going to make cover-inspired manicures very difficult. But hey, maybe I’ll end up featuring my first e-book mani!
Bookish Backs: I love my copy of Disney A to Z by Dave Smith. I already know a ton about everything Disney, but during those rare moments when I find myself at a loss, this book always has the answers! And it doesn’t hurt that it has a great cover, so I needed to feature it for the #bookishbacks tag on Instagram.
Stolen Inspired Mani: I was worried my manicure would be too simple for Stolen because of its minimalistic cover, but I really like how it turned out with the rose gold glitter!
All The Essies: I used this photo for my Happy Weekend post a couple days ago, but let me let you guys in on a little secret! I don’t actually own these pretty polishes. I had a mini photo shoot in Target’s home decor section the other night with my best friend!
Sunday Brights: Bright colors and warm weather truly go hand in hand, so Sunday was the perfect day to liven up my wardrobe with bright whites and pink. Throw in my Penguin Threads edition of Little Women, and I was good to go!